Use of intranets / extranets for HIPAA compliance
Collaboration among medical professionals, specifically in conditions that need the discussing of private patient information, requires an intranet or extranet that provides enhanced security measures.
The Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) has three major needs:
• Protect the privacy of person health information
• Provide the required security to safeguard the privacy of person health information
• Provide standardization of electronic data interchange in healthcare transactions
Addressing this need, intranets and extranets are actually available which meet these security needs. While you think about the implementation of the intranet or extranet, look for an additional security measures:
• Secure server with 128bit SSL file encryption
• Server monitoring
• Secure IDs and passwords
• Defined authority levels
• Viewing permission controls
• Session break after half an hour
• The capability to disable user-specific cookies,
• The ability of users to alter their very own password,
• The capability to create strong passwords.
• Complete, united nations-editable activity log for security audits
Selecting an internet-based solution
To hurry the implementation of the intranet or extranet using these features, an more and more popular approach is by using a credit card applicatoin Company (ASP).
Additionally to supplying an instantaneous solution which has the right security measures in-place, the benefits of an internet-based ASP incorporate a less expensive of entry, an established track-record of performance and you don’t need to install intranet software or extranet software.