Why Today’s Security Strategy May Not Be Enough
For auto racing fans and teams, safety is a subject that is always on everyone’s mind. Compared to racing 25 years ago, the game today has changed dramatically. Cars are faster, lighter, and danger to the drivers has increased. Safety features to accommodate these changes certainly cost the race team more money – but they’re necessary to stay secure. Investments in safety continue, as long as the threat escalates. The same is true in business, technology and cybercrime The game has indeed changed and a business’s security investment must adapt.
5 Reasons The Game Has Changed
Cyber-security, much like car racing, has changed significantly over the past several years. There are five ways the cyber-security game has changed and why the current strategy, particularly for the small businesses, may not be enough.
1. The Growth of Cyber-Crime – The growth in attack volume on small businesses has grown exponentially because it’s easy. Small businesses (and some public sector entities as well) tend to be well behind the security curve, making the organization an easy target of cybercrime.
2. The Target of Cyber-Crime – The real target of cyber-crime are small businesses! In 2014, 60% of all known successful attacks where against small and medium businesses. And of those that were breached, 60% went out of business within 6 months.
3. The Number of Security Solutions – While firewalls, IDS/IPS, AV, etc., are critical, improper configuration and management of these tools often create more risk. Many companies might not have the resources or expertise to know what to do if those tools alert them of a problem.
4. The Lack of Expertise – The most effective way to listen to these devices is to observe their every action and their communication patterns. Because these actions and “event logs” occur several times per second, many companies turn to a Security Information and Event Management tool (SIEM) to help make sense of the vast amount of machine data being generated.
5. The Lack of Resources – Security products, to be effective, must be monitored and maintained 24/7 so that threats are detected and responded to immediately. Not an easy task for the typical small business that cannot afford around-the-clock security experts. Cisco agreed that “the worldwide shortage of information security professionals is at 1 million openings, even as cyber attacks and data breaches increase each year”.
“it only take once for a hacker to gain access to your network, but it takes 100% of your time defending it”!
Cyber-threat monitoring and detection are the cornerstones of an effective IT security strategy. But collecting the right data, parsing and analyzing it into manageable and useful pieces of information is an extremely complex task.
Our 24/7 security service employs the right technologies, paired with a staff of security experts, to reduce the risk and complexity of protecting your critical data.
Our SentreeGuard solution provides the intelligence and awareness needed to take action on the latest threats in your organization’s environment. If you are serious about your company and want to take your security to the next level, we have the next level security solution, SentreeGuard.
Our features and Benefits:
24/7 Real-time Cyber-Threat Monitoring & Response
Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR)
Enhance the security posture of your organization
Reduce the risk of data breaches (internally and externally)
Minimize downtime and data loss stemming from security incidents
Gain better insight into your organizational threat landscape
Gain intelligence about potential cyber-threats targeting your business
Increase business resilience to next generation Cyber-Threats
Improve regulatory & industry compliance measures
Over 365 days of log retention for compliance
Detect Abnormal network or system activity
Detect Abnormal user activity or remote access
Find HACKERS and Stop them before they cause critical problems to your organization
|Description – SentreeGuard Security & Compliance||Product number||Price|
|24/7 Real-time Cyber-Threat Monitoring & Response Services
We support over 20 regulatory compliance’s, here are some of the most common:
|One-Time Setup Fee||$399|
* RBD399 – price seen is a starting price and could increase depending on the size and complexity of the organization.
|Description – SentreeGuard Standard||Product number||Price|
|Breach Detection & Monitoring Service||BD199||$199/Month|
|One-Time Setup Fee||$150|